For some reason, I don't even know why, but I started reacting to shaving creams. Before Veet was my go to, for legs, armpits and bikini are, but of lateeverytime I use it I get this red bumps all around it, looks like a reaction. At first I thought it was expired or bad, but that wasn't the case. I changed brands and still got the itchy red bumps that last for a few days.
So I did some research online and looked for natural ways to shave, and found the coconut and shaving stick technique. which I have tried before and wow! your armpit feels so soft and moisturized after and when the hair grows back it grows curly, so you don't have that prickly itch when it starts growing back. The problem with the shaving stick is it takes forever to finish shaving. especially after winter time, and most times, I end up cutting myself especially on my legs, which is soon painful and annoying. I needed another solution to a shaving stick.
While doing my research, I stumbled upon the Electronic Bikini Trimmer from Conair. I usually think of Conair as that brand for little kids. They do have a lot of innovative things, that really simplify your everyday life, but I think they usually are cheap, to the point I just thought they wouldn't work as well as it says. But that was a lie! I ordered this trimmer for $9.99 with no hope or expectation and was wowed by it.
After using it I was impressed by the results. Its a trimmer so I didn't expect it to get hair out from the roots, but it definitely trimmed it low. I used it for my armpit hair and also decided to try it in my bikini area too. And with places had the same results. here are my observations:
- Easy to use
- Price is cheap
- Faster option to shaving stick
- Safer option to shaving stick
- Can shave hair in between your butt cheeks
- Does not cut you, even when you add pressure
- Trims hair really low
- No gel or liquid necessary
- No plug in necessary just one AA battery
- After use, no reaction or pain.
- Easy to clean
- You can find it in drugstores and online easily
- You can use it for hair in armpit, bikini area,butt are and legs.
- Good for coarse/ thick hair
- It isn't totally as smooth as using as waxing.
- Hair grows back quicker
- Soak the blade in Rubbing alcohol after use.
- Remove the battery after use, so it dense melt and destroy the shaving tool
- Make sure to do it in the bath room because you might have hair on the floor, depending on your length.
This product is great. I have used it about 5 times now and so far, it hasn't disappointed me. If you trim it and its not low enough, you can use coconut oil and a shaving stick to smooth it out with no pressure. Here are a few before and after pics:
Disclaimer Grew my hair for test purposes, I'm usually not this bushy! lol ;
|After using Con Air Electric Shaver|
|After lightly shaving with coconut oil and a shaving stick to smooth it out.|
How do you currently shave your armpits at home? Do you think you will invest in this Electronic Bikini Trimmer ?
Let me know